Thursday 3 November 2011

Time goes by so quickly. I feel everything valuable is like sand; the more I grab it, the more it drops from my hand. I like my life in Canada as I have much more time here to do things that I want to. Today, when I was walking to the school, I saw "UBC bookstore". It was written in English, and I suddenly realised that I am in Canada. I felt a bit happy as I am not in the city where I didn't feel comfortable. The next moment, I felt anxious and weak. I looked at the time, and it said "8:29"; I was going to be late, but I couldn't walk fast. I was happy about going to my reading class, but I knew it would have an end, and it wouldn't be so far. I tried my best to reach the class--to something that I truly enjoy. I like that class as I can be myself; or, for most of the time, I can see who I used to be a few years ago.

I didn't expect that I woud like here this much. I didn't even check where Vancouver is on the map until I was on the plane a few hours before it landed in this city. I was confident that I wouldn't get lost as I knew the plane could take me there if I was on the right flight to Vancouver. No expectation, no hope, no emotions  when the planed landed at YVR airport.

I have done everything that a student must do here. I also send a piece of paper to my university every month to tell them what I did in the previous month. I briefly summerize my life only in a few words, but I always think that there are much more meanings in my life here that can't be expressed only by words; it scares me.

I am going back in a few weeks, and I just hope that I can remember that my life wasn't all about ordeals; there was something valuable that I can treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment